Dab

PurgeRP Changelog - 11/23/2019

Defcon%20Gaming%20-%20Dev%20Log%203.png

PurgeRP Update!

11/23/2019

additions-dg.png

• SCP Purging Jobs with levels
    • We have added a few jobs that are SCP to give a new twist to the purging aswell the gamemode is now known as SCP-RP as the PurgeRP listing has no other servers and is hard to get more players in a listing that doesn't have other servers. 

• New C Menu
    • This restructures everything and cleans up all our individual menus into a single clean menu
    • There is some features missing from this such as the bodygroupr and playermodel colors, so you can disable it for a short time to use the old one
    • Command is /togglec
    • Spoiler

2019-11-23--1C6T332.jpg

• New HUD
    • This hud is a lot cleaner and also redoes a lot of other UI such as the door menu, votes, and a head hud health bar on others
    • Spoiler

2019-11-23--2x2X5E8.jpg2019-11-23--651U315.jpg

• Added Purging Jobs Category
    • This job includes SCP Monsters and Purging Classes
    • These jobs are limited by purge level or VIP status

• Added New Head HUD Style
    • Spoiler

2019-11-23--8o8y2L4.png

Please private message me if you find any issues with this update.

Reply to this topic with anything that you like about this changelog!

We will be running a bunch of events this weekend on top of this update. Come check out these awesome updates

• Fire 1

yayyayayayayayayayayayayyayayayayyayayayayayayyayayayyayayayyay thank u :emotedab:

oh god finally purge got hit with a update

also I can fly blike no-clip even tho I don't have admin rank ingame

Edited by Father Molester
reasons

If you want to see any kind of influx or resurgence of players, then you're going to need a lot bigger of an update than SCPs and UI Changes.

The update seems to be based around last-minute thinking and lack of ideas.

Some good ideas would be

• A new map or heavy modifications to the map.
  • New Vehicles, New RP Jobs and less SCP Jobs
  • More RP instead of AFK and Raiding
  • More Weapons
  • Replace/overhaul a current system(Not redesign more GUIs)

Overall, I think too much of the focus is on Santos and to an extent CWRP, I get that those two servers require a lot of people for even simple RP to function but not everybody likes Strict/Serious RP that gets you banned 75% of the time. Plus, RP doesn't function on less serious RP servers if there are not many people on. If there are not many people on servers like PurgeRP or PoliceRP, then it would just become a Raid Fest or prospering Drug Farm, which can lead to issues such as FailRP and RDM. 

On 12/4/2019 at 6:04 PM, Kravchynko said:

If you want to see any kind of influx or resurgence of players, then you're going to need a lot bigger of an update than SCPs and UI Changes.

The update seems to be based around last-minute thinking and lack of ideas.

Some good ideas would be

• A new map or heavy modifications to the map.
  • New Vehicles, New RP Jobs and less SCP Jobs
  • More RP instead of AFK and Raiding
  • More Weapons
  • Replace/overhaul a current system(Not redesign more GUIs)

Overall, I think too much of the focus is on Santos and to an extent CWRP, I get that those two servers require a lot of people for even simple RP to function but not everybody likes Strict/Serious RP that gets you banned 75% of the time. Plus, RP doesn't function on less serious RP servers if there are not many people on. If there are not many people on servers like PurgeRP or PoliceRP, then it would just become a Raid Fest or prospering Drug Farm, which can lead to issues such as FailRP and RDM. 

Yes I agree

You guys simply just dont understand, Purge always had a unique identity, it was a advert to server that you could just fuck around on. And every 35 minutes a purge would start allowing you to kill as many people as you want. Making purge a serious rp would mean losing it's original identity. Map changes are very expensive, I mean very since you haven't gotten it yet after at least 4 people told you. The biggest problem is that purge got this update but then got no players from it. If AFK is an issue then just get 10 staff members on and you might get players, I've seen at least 10 of them poking around the forums every once and a while.

On 12/13/2019 at 1:55 PM, Bill Nye the Nazi Spy said:

You guys simply just dont understand, Purge always had a unique identity, it was a advert to server that you could just fuck around on. And every 35 minutes a purge would start allowing you to kill as many people as you want. Making purge a serious rp would mean losing it's original identity. Map changes are very expensive, I mean very since you haven't gotten it yet after at least 4 people told you. The biggest problem is that purge got this update but then got no players from it. If AFK is an issue then just get 10 staff members on and you might get players, I've seen at least 10 of them poking around the forums every once and a while.

I'm not saying turn it into a serious server. I'm saying we need far more features and changes.

You can make the changes mentioned above and the server may come back to life.

On 12/13/2019 at 1:55 PM, Bill Nye the Nazi Spy said:

Well in the last meeting dab did say he was probably gonna change up the appearance of the map a bit. Possibly remove cars, we are getting inventories and money wiped too if this does go into effect. And hud changes, and possibly new guns sooo

1 hour ago, [DN] Grizzy_666 said:

Well in the last meeting dab did say he was probably gonna change up the appearance of the map a bit. Possibly remove cars, we are getting inventories and money wiped too if this does go into effect. And hud changes, and possibly new guns sooo

I didn't ever say map changes are impossible, I just said they're expensive.  Your suggestions included making the server more roleplay oriented.