PoliceRP Update - 7/28/20
NEW GUN DEALER SHELVES & SUGGESTION BOARDS
CloneWarsRP Update - 5/4/20
The long awaited Dark Wilderness update arrives...
SantosRP Update - 4/28/20
NEW PHONE, BONUS PAYCHECKS, AND TOWING IMPROVEMENTS
SantosRP Update - 3/14/20
Career Stats
CloneWarsRP Update - 3/5/20
The Fury of the Republic update brings new items and weapons

Keen's Application for Shaak Ti

Status
Not open for further replies.

DefconGaming

Founder
Founder
Verified
Reaction score
Your OOC name: Keen

Your In-Game Name: Sev / Keen / Keeners

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:91600824

What position are you applying for? Shaak Ti

What regiments are you currently apart of? Shock Troopers, Clone Commandos, The Jedi Order

How many hours do you have on Garry's Mod? 4,965 Hours.

How many hours do you have on the server? 1292

Do you have any previous experience in a position like this? Yes, I have multiple previous experiences, I was a commander on a few servers before joining Defcongaming. The first battalion I joined on Defcongaming was the Doom's unit which paid out, I was the 2nd officer after the reform of the unit. I had a lot of ups and downs in the battalion but personally, I know I benefited the battalion a lot, I was always on and leading the battalion to the best I could. Which brings me to my next point, because of the outstanding leading skills I have shown during my time as a doom's unit officer I got set in-charge of the sub-unit called centurion company. Forwarding a bit, we won 2 Tournaments which I both was the captain of, now just to mention: this is not to brag in any form or shape I am just proving a point, without the amazing troopers and other officers I had back then I would've never made it so thanks to them. After-all I was part of the doom's unit for a good amount of time reaching the rank of XO which I do have to admit I had to step down from after passing the tryouts of Sev and trust me this was not an easy decision I just made like that, it took me a while and talking to other people to actually make the decision to step down from XO to get Sev. Overall I also had staff leading experiences on different servers which gives me more leadership skills.

Why do you think you deserve this position: This will probably come as a surprise that I am applying for the position of a Jedi General, the reason behind that is pretty straight forward. I think that we all know that shock is currently in a really bad state, the shock should have a lot of troopers online and way more active officers. I am willing to help out, I know that sour is thorn already and he did some really good shit already which I agree with. I wouldn't just be helping out the battalion but also all the current officers and reduce their work. Now, there will be questions popping up or reasons why I will get probably a few -1's. Before these get put out there I will answer them here and now.

Will you drop your commando 'Sev' for the position of Shaak Ti?
No, you have to see it like this: personally and I am pretty sure a lot of other people agree with me, a lore commando isn't really that big of a lore character. Yes they are special and yes, they are commandos but they aren't as important as other lore characters. The situation would be different if I would hold a different lore character then a lore commando, for example, a lore trooper/officer within a battalion. I see Sev as a normal character. I don't have many duties I have to fulfill as Sev, I don't lead anything/anyone and I don't do tryouts.

How do you want to manage the activity between Sev and Shaak Ti?
This is a question I can answer pretty easily and quickly too. As mentioned I personally don't see Sev as an actual lore position. If I would get the position of Shaak Ti I would only have Sev and Shaak Ti and I am really good at dedicating time to both characters and not leave one of those characters in the dark. Shaak Ti would be more important than Sev though. If I would get the position of Shaak Ti, my Jedi and shock characters would basically merge together and I would only have two Characters, Shaak Ti and Sev. Balancing two characters really isn't hard.

Where did this idea come from? Why are you applying for Shaak Ti?
There wasn't a single person showing interest in Shaak Ti in the past, except grids. Also as everyone knows shock needs all the help it needs currently. I was being interested in a new lore character/leading position for a while now. I was looking for a position to actually apply for and put my dedication towards it, it ended up with being Shaak Ti. I got really active on my Jedi in the past few days/weeks and in my opinion, I am doing a good job. I have also joined shock and tried my best to be as active on it as possible, for the time I played on my shock I had a really good experience, I went through the current roster, database and so on. I am getting a lot into shock and Jedi and even dropped my other characters which were pretty important to me. I am trying my best to talk to the current shock troopers and overall just being with them gave me even more motivation to apply for this position, I have been thinking & talking to a good amount of people about this position and decided to apply. I am also starting to miss the feeling of leading a regiment again, promoting my troopers, training them, hosting tryouts, and so on. There hasn't been a Shaak Ti for a while now, and now that shock is in need of an active regiment lead, I am stepping up.

You would have to take care of various activities in the Jedi order whilst also leading shock, how are you going to manage that?
Currently, I believe shock needs way more help then they Jedi order, which is why I would focus on shock first before starting to do something in the Jedi order. I hope this is understandable and makes sense. As soon as shock would get back on the correct rails, with enough officers, NCO's and active troopers, I would start dedicating my time to both, shock and the Jedi order.

Now, Why should we take someone as the shock Jedi general if the person itself isn't a high ranking within the battalion itself?
The reasoning behind this is pretty simple and straight forward. As mentioned above (Do you have any previous experience in a position like this?) I have stated that I have a really good amount of previous experiences which is going to help me out a lot. I have not only gained experience on other servers but also on Defcongaming which helps me even more as I know a lot of people through that which proves to be extremely helpful. If I get the position of Shaak Ti I would get extremely dedicated to the position, like any other position.

Do you even do anything on your Jedi?
Yes, I am currently a Jedi Knight V in the Jedi order and a Jedi council advisor. I started getting way more active on my Jedi and try to help out where I can.

If you have any more questions, post them under my thread or DM me on discord and I will answer as soon as possible.

What will you do in this position? Most of the points are mentioned above, but the most important points right now are probably to start gaining more troopers, doing way more tryouts, way more training with other battalions, bringing back the ID checks, and all of the other activities that were used frequently 2 months ago. Overall just something for shock troopers to do and something for all other troopers to do, this also brings in way more roleplay between the shock and other battalions. I want to give shock way more activities, instead of just walking around the base and doing nothing. I have a couple of ideas in mind and already talked to a few people about it. I also talked to the old shock commander which did a great job and kept the battalion together and always had something to do for them. As soon as I get the position of the shock Jedi general, I will do my best to get even more feedback from the troopers in shock, former troopers, and former officers. If you are interested in my plans and want to know more about them, DM me.

Anything else: Contact Information:
Discord - Swa#9604
In-game - Sev / Knight V Keeners
Everywhere else - Keen or Swa

Microwave

Veteran
Senior Moderator
CloneWarsRP Staff
Verified
Reaction score
Neutral
You are a brilliant leader
Insanely good app
Knight V

Low rank in Shock, but good at his job anyways
Would have two lore characters so I think it would be fair for you to step down from one to allow others to get the chance at one.

Paper

Veteran
Senior Moderator
CloneWarsRP Staff
Verified
Reaction score
Keen before I'll tell you what I marked as my response let me say this: you are mature, nice, a hella good leader and a good Jedi (even though I have no fucking idea how you ranked up so fast from Knight I) your Shock rank is way too low and I don't think you have enough experience for a position like a General, and let me say this the fact that you are an HA doesn't change that, it's the same if a normal shock CPL/SGT or whatever else applies my response is the same, it's going to be a Neutral
PS: I am willing to speak with you in TS or discord and I want to know your abilities as shock a little better so this might change to a +1
Good day Keen and great job

Add on: I am changing this to a +1, after speaking with you and I must admit, I had quite the pleasent conversion with you and the way you explained your self was pretty good and impressive, good luck and keep up the good work

Last edited:

Mayfield

Veteran
Administrator
CloneWarsRP Staff
Verified
Reaction score
HUGE +1
Shock needs leaders, bad. We need officers.
Right now shock is lacking in a lot and new things and ideas need to be implemented to bring back the way shock was but better.
Active
Great Guy
Great Leader
Great App
HE CAN BE ACTIVE ENOUGH REGARDLESS IF HE HAS 2 LORE CHARACTERS

You have some crazy ideas and good points that were made. I think with you being another addition to shock Command we can make shock better than it ever was.

Colbienator

Senior Moderator
CloneWarsRP Staff
Verified
Reaction score
Extreme +1
Shock needs a Shaak Ti.
Knight V
Knows what hes doing in the server
One of the few people i believe is capable of holding 2 lore characters at once if that were to happen.
Extremely Active. Pretty much on 24/7 and plays on all 3 characters very often
Amazing guy.
You are low standing in shock but you were in a similar standing when you got Sev, little idea how it was ran in the back took one look at it and instantly started making it better. I don't think anyone would be better for this role.

SomeGuy

Donator
Donator
Verified
Reaction score
-1 Keen i like you alot but you are not a shock officer. Sorry

Keen

the pog legend
Forum Manager
Server Manager
CloneWarsRP Staff
Verified
Reaction score
I am gonna add a point which I forgot to add which is pretty important so please read it.

As of right now, if you become an EN in shock and want to progress through the ranks and/or get a promotion, you need to go through a few training modules or something in that sort. Sour has been working on it for a while but has stopped working on it as he is on a break and is really busy with the server right now, I think we all know that. Which is why I can't get promoted right now, no EN can. This is as mentioned because the current training module isn't finished. I would love to progress through the ranks right now but with the current system, it's not working. So please don't use the argument of me only being a EN in shock. Thanks for the feedback so far! I appreciate it a lot.

Opiu

Veteran
Verified
Reaction score
You are a good guy
have good leadership skills
Good Jedi rank

You are a low rank in shock (even if the system existed right now, you would still only be about CPL maybe)
Having 2 lore characters is not fair, leave one and let some one else go for it

it's not fair to give a leader of a regiment to someone who has only been there for a few weeks because they have previous experience. I would say spend some more time in shock before going for the general.

verbics

Senior Moderator
CloneWarsRP Staff
Verified
Reaction score
I'm neutral, but leaning towards -1 for now
I know you're a really good guy and helpful in numerous occasions on your other characters that you have, but as it stands, you've just joined Shock last Tuesday. I want to see you grow more in Shock and know what it means to really enforce the law on base, have a firm understanding of guarding and sweeping in and out of base, and just know every single Shock rule from the inside and outside. I know it's out of my jurisdiction of what duties a Jedi Master holds, but I think I can see you being a good Jedi role model to all. However, I had a complaint about you from another regiment Officer that I won't get into detail, but it involved you not handling a RP event with respect and professionalism. And that goes from my saying, that you just joined Shock and need to learn that Shock isn't about disrespecting and arresting anyone they deem a criminal/minge, but being a professional, and looking at all sides to a story kind-of person. Last thing, to be a Shock Officer+, you have to be able to communicate with other Shock members with effectiveness, and from what I've seen, I barely see you on a Shock Discord call. With all of this being said, I really hope you can change the points I've pointed out, and apply next time you feel ready.

I wish you the best of luck with whatever happens. Good luck, bro!

- Signed, XO Stone of the Shock Trooper Regiment

JosephMoalem1

CloneWarsRP Staff
Verified
Reaction score
+1
Keen even though your EN I still believe you have what it takes to be this Shaak ti

SGM Joe.

Louie

Verified
Reaction score
Neutral for me

You have been best as a commando and I’ve seen a lot of it and you got great potential in you and you are a shadow aswell but not much on however I would love see you more get Into Jedi parts more so to roleplay and helping other Jedi aswell and as a master a general it’s a big jump aswell not only you are in charge of the shock battalion but also part of the council and keeping Jedi in line aswell

And I had werid experience with older shaak to aswell: when me and other couple of Jedi were trying to purify a sith crystal we ask older shaak ti to help us with it then she took the crystal and cake back and made it white we ask older shaak ti how she did it and only answer was “ just meditate it” it was werid but yet stupid answer

To add on this meaning it means a lot of roleplay aswell as a lore character it’s all about roleplay of what lore character is about and just hope of you get in you will be better than older shaak ti and I know you will get it and I also wish you luck aswell keen

Balfazan

Veteran
Administrator
CloneWarsRP Staff
Verified
Reaction score
Giant +1
This man is incredibly responsible, and can get the job done. I believe that under the leadership of Keen, Shock can become something that can be truly special. He's been a Lore Commando for as long as I can remember, and done a good job in fulfilling that role. Which is one of the reasons that I believe he could do the same on Shaak Ti. Although he is not a high rank in Shock, he is one of the best people you could ever get for this position. Good luck, my guy!

Vrise

Veteran
Senior Moderator
CloneWarsRP Staff
Verified
Reaction score
+1
Very Active
Amazing Leader
Very good stragagist

I belive keen is ready for it hes a great leader and a great jedi and he would be perfect for the role even tho hes Only an EN in shock everyone deserves a chance. And it’s almost impossible to get promoted in shock but i think we all should put faith in keen for working this hard and he will mostlikely try to improve shock alot and shock needs a leader

Keen

the pog legend
Forum Manager
Server Manager
CloneWarsRP Staff
Verified
Reaction score
I'm neutral, but leaning towards -1 for now
I know you're a really good guy and helpful in numerous occasions on your other characters that you have, but as it stands, you've just joined Shock last Tuesday. I want to see you grow more in Shock and know what it means to really enforce the law on base, have a firm understanding of guarding and sweeping in and out of base, and just know every single Shock rule from the inside and outside. I know it's out of my jurisdiction of what duties a Jedi Master holds, but I think I can see you being a good Jedi role model to all. However, I had a complaint about you from another regiment Officer that I won't get into detail, but it involved you not handling a RP event with respect and professionalism. And that goes from my saying, that you just joined Shock and need to learn that Shock isn't about disrespecting and arresting anyone they deem a criminal/minge, but being a professional, and looking at all sides to a story kind-of person. Last thing, to be a Shock Officer+, you have to be able to communicate with other Shock members with effectiveness, and from what I've seen, I barely see you on a Shock Discord call. With all of this being said, I really hope you can change the points I've pointed out, and apply next time you feel ready.

I wish you the best of luck with whatever happens. Good luck, bro!

- Signed, XO Stone of the Shock Trooper Regiment
I really appreciate the feedback, Thanks a lot! I would love to hear more about the 'complaint' that was made against me, as I didn't know anything about it.

Last edited:

Jester

Senior Moderator
CloneWarsRP Staff
Verified
Reaction score
+1, but with some concerns
Great leader, great guy, great staff member...list goes on.
Clear cut and detailed application listing why you want to be Shaak Ti.

However, my main concern is you haven't been Shock for long and this feels like it's because you see a void in leadership, and while it's there, you're holding two lore positions if you get accepted as Shaak Ti. I know you're a Head Admin and all but rules are rules, are they not? Regardless, I don't really know/feel if you got to the point where you understand Shock like you understand RC or Doom's Unit back in the day. I would suggest re-applying for another day, but since this app already has many +1s, that's more than likely not going to happen.

Keen

the pog legend
Forum Manager
Server Manager
CloneWarsRP Staff
Verified
Reaction score
+1, but with some concerns
Great leader, great guy, great staff member...list goes on.
Clear cut and detailed application listing why you want to be Shaak Ti.

However, my main concern is you haven't been Shock for long and this feels like it's because you see a void in leadership, and while it's there, you're holding two lore positions if you get accepted as Shaak Ti. I know you're a Head Admin and all but rules are rules, are they not? Regardless, I don't really know/feel if you got to the point where you understand Shock like you understand RC or Doom's Unit back in the day. I would suggest re-applying for another day, but since this app already has many +1s, that's more than likely not going to happen.
This is something I didn't want to happen, people thinking that I am above the rules because I'm a Head administrator and that is definitely not the case. If you read my application you can see why I personally believe that my lore commando doesn't count as a lore position. I can be easily active on both, Sev doesn't have anything to do, he is just there. He doesn't lead anything, he is part of a 4 man group. Thanks for the feedback though! I really appreciate it a lot, you made some good points and I will do my best to improve them.

Again, I don't want people to assume that I am getting the position 100% just because of my current rank, this is definitely not the case.

Green aka jack

Senior Moderator
CloneWarsRP Staff
Verified
Reaction score
Neutral
after that situation we had in the mhb and in the event
2 lore characters no no
not a shock member for a long time

you're trying your best and you are the best for the role
you're a great guy and a great staff member and great things will go down the list

but you have to fix the attitude
I'm not gonna add more details into this because of me writing some false and dumb things but I like you you're a great guy but after that incident my opinion is
changed a little bit

Schafer

Senior Administrator
CloneWarsRP Staff
Staff Trainer
Verified
Reaction score
Don't expect anything sentimental, I'll keep it brief.

Personally, regardless of what permissions were given, lore characters are there for the most dedicated of players. Not just a lore character, a clone commando class that is, probably, the most notable ever. Activity aside, you will begin to favourite one of the characters, I've been in your shoes with other positions before.
A lore character is by far one of the most prestigious positions a player/staff member can acquire in their regiment, regardless of the position. One person taking up two of these sought-after positions, ruins the entire premise of each regiment having their own lore characters.
i put my hair on the line, call that a hair line
Joining a regiment then applying for a lore character a week later, let alone a Jedi General, leaves a bad mark. Doesn't show any determination or commitment to the additional lore character being applied for.

Don't take anything to heart, don't leave me, don't leave me.

Last edited:

Keen

the pog legend
Forum Manager
Server Manager
CloneWarsRP Staff
Verified
Reaction score
Don't expect anything sentimental, I'll keep it brief.

Personally, regardless of what permissions were given, lore characters are there for the most dedicated of players. Not just a lore character, a clone commando class that is, probably, the most notable ever. Activity aside, you will begin to favourite one of the characters, I've been in your shoes with other positions before.
A lore character is by far one of the most prestigious positions a player/staff member can acquire in their regiment, regardless of the position. One person taking up two of these sought-after positions, ruins the entire premise of each regiment having their own lore characters.
i put my hair on the line, call that a hair line
Joining a regiment then applying for a lore character a week later, leaves a bad mark. Doesn't show any determination or commitment to the additional lore character being applied for.

Don't take anything to heart, don't leave me, don't leave me.
don't leave me

BouBou

Senior Moderator
CloneWarsRP Staff
Verified
Reaction score
Neutral

Great guy
Great Leadership
Even if you're an EN in shock i know that you are able to handle a General's job
Great Jedi

you already have a Lore character...

Status
Not open for further replies.