What do you miss most from days past of CWRP

Maxon Memeious

Veteran
Senior Moderator
CloneWarsRP Staff
Supporter
Verified
Reaction score
I 100% agree with Rhode. I remember the times where people got on the server and everyone just knew each other. You'd get on the server and just talk to people with no end in sight. A time where 12 hours a day was average for 90% of the player-base. A time where the economy was actually interesting and really active. It could've been 2 am and you would still see the people online that you usually talk to. Something that was also really fun is when I and @Orbit were fighting for the number 1 most kills. There is way more I could talk about that I really miss and don't see often nowadays.

Although, I still appreciate everything that this server has brought me and all the experiences that I gathered while playing. Honestly the best and fun time I had on Garry's mod.
I miss our love

Riff Two

Senior Moderator
CloneWarsRP Staff
Verified
Reaction score
I miss some old 21st boys, and some good times on the server, and all around the old feel of the server, different looks and all the amazing people. Kinda like thinking of being new to the server and it's something I've never experienced before, so truly amazing, and just learning about new things, I loved it.

I still love the server just as much now pepeblanket

Blake

Veteran
Senior Administrator
CloneWarsRP Staff
Verified
Reaction score
Dang, this thread has seriously made me depressed.
But throughout all of my time on the server, many things bad and good have come and gone. Some of the things such as bigger events, and music being something special for them.
But the single thing that I would have given up for the world was one of the most fun things you could do for trainings back when I was a lowly Trooper. This being outside sims. While this was removed quite a long time ago now, I still remember the days where you could go out multiple times a day for live-fire sims outside of the base and practice your skills, learn, and have fun with the people in your battalion. Now I do understand that this was removed for the sake of realism, there is also a point where I wish we could find the line between video game, and realism. The same goes for being able to set up training droids outside of the base for trainings. While this was something simple, and may not have been done as often, it was still something nice to be able to spend your time doing and having fun during downtime. Not only did these two things give battalions more things to do during downtime, but it also created some of my favorite memories on the server.
But alas, these were simpler times, and of course, things have changed since then. At this time, there's not much we can do about it, and I will still love the server regardless.

Enzo (Sinad)

Senior Moderator
CloneWarsRP Staff
Verified
Reaction score
Going to toss my hat in the ring here.

Been with the Server a year (as of today actually, one year with 41st on the 16th) and since joining I have:
•Not played a single other game besides BF2 with Gmod buddies on the after hours.
•Made countless Friends at this point.
•Learned to step forward, become a leader, make my voice heard, and pass along those same traits to new players looking to get as much out of the experience as I did.

Did I have great times back then? Absolutely, but I think that was more so the fact that everything was very new. Alongside the 41st I just so happened to join at the time, when I knew shit all about Troopers lore. Every single day I've logged on to the server has been one I don't regret; even if they weren't always the best days.

That same Magic is here, I'm just playing such a different part in it now. I know way more, have seen way more, and directly interact with the server in a larger way then ever before. Have friends left/moved on? Yes, and I miss them everyday. But I meet new great players regularly, looking at our Community they way I did way back when.

It's on us oldies now to make sure that cycle continues, we had great times, can still have great times; we owe it to them to make the great times continue.

There is no Old Defcon CWRP, just Defcon CWRP; and I love it in whatever form I am a part of it.

Enzo (Sinad)

Senior Moderator
CloneWarsRP Staff
Verified
Reaction score
Dang, this thread has seriously made me depressed.
But throughout all of my time on the server, many things bad and good have come and gone. Some of the things such as bigger events, and music being something special for them.
But the single thing that I would have given up for the world was one of the most fun things you could do for trainings back when I was a lowly Trooper. This being outside sims. While this was removed quite a long time ago now, I still remember the days where you could go out multiple times a day for live-fire sims outside of the base and practice your skills, learn, and have fun with the people in your battalion. Now I do understand that this was removed for the sake of realism, there is also a point where I wish we could find the line between video game, and realism. The same goes for being able to set up training droids outside of the base for trainings. While this was something simple, and may not have been done as often, it was still something nice to be able to spend your time doing and having fun during downtime. Not only did these two things give battalions more things to do during downtime, but it also created some of my favorite memories on the server.
But alas, these were simpler times, and of course, things have changed since then. At this time, there's not much we can do about it, and I will still love the server regardless.
And Live Fire Sims NEED to come back. For the love of the Force.

Players creating their own fun and engagement with the server and their regiment this way builds strong groups, fit for combat Troopers, and long time friends.
Best of all, you do not need a event or GM rather to host this fun. They just do it.

To any Management reading this, this is the play.
Bring back Live Fire SIMS off Base!

Paper

Veteran
Senior Moderator
CloneWarsRP Staff
Verified
Reaction score
There's a lot to miss of the old days:
  • The massive events we used to be able to have without having to worry about the server shitting itself.
  • The first ever Halloween event. I don't know what it was, but that month was just so much fun. Watching 30-40 people running around MHB fighting over a pumpkin was some of the funniest shit that's ever happened on here.
  • Development being a streamline occurrence, when we had an update every single week. (I know why this doesn't happen anymore, but it kept us all entertained during that time)
  • How the economy used to be. I still remember the day of the Gauss Rifle and how insane it was. One little buff made a weapon worth upwards of $500k because it 1 shot everything, then it got nerfed into the ground. Sorry whoever it was I scammed out of $300k. <3
  • Obviously, from my own experiences, I miss the old ARC gang I used to have. Those people felt like family. Unfortunately, most of them have either moved on, or don't play as often as they used to. My first time being Havoc was by far my favorite period of this server, next to being Boss for the whole week I held it. (Worst decision of my life to hand it over to 9R. Sorry about that Schafer <3)
  • The sheer amount of people that I knew back in the day. Back then, it felt like everyone knew who everyone was. Nowadays, it feels like I'm a ghost when I walk around.
However, every good thing needs to come to an end. I see our new era as a place where a new wave of people can come forward and make some big changes for us, possibly ones that make the game even more fun than it used to be so long ago. Hopefully down the line we can get those big events back, and hopefully find some way to fix up the economy a bit. Nothing's impossible after all.
I also miss those, I mean I left the server because I didn't really experience all of these anymore, things changed and it kinda turned me off.
I miss the old 327th and the old bois, the days where i'd go on the server and just chill and have fun with everybody, I miss pilots, I miss 212th that I was an officer on I just is all those who left like me, I left because they left.
I was on this server for almost a year and I still find my self missing it sometimes.

Riff Two

Senior Moderator
CloneWarsRP Staff
Verified
Reaction score
I agree Gentlemen, I miss the old days and as Blake said, this thread has made me a bit down, but never forget about the great times we've had.

Thank you for everything Defcon CWRP, these memories will be someone, I believe everyone will remember in the future.

BobaKotlett

Senior Moderator
CloneWarsRP Staff
Verified
Reaction score
The Crucible evenings. Incredibly happy that they are coming back, the whole server used to have completely different feeling whenever they were taking place.

Riff Two

Senior Moderator
CloneWarsRP Staff
Verified
Reaction score
The Crucible evenings. Incredibly happy that they are coming back, the whole server used to have completely different feeling whenever they were taking place.
Those were so much fun, even tho we lost every time, still on of the funniest things

Synto

Verified
Reaction score
Let me get into the thread aswell. I have been here since 1 year and 13 days now.

What I miss the most about the past of the Server is how unique the experience was. Back when I joined I was amazed by the sheer amount of people walking around and roleplaying as the one thing I loved. Maybe I have seen to much and how its done in the year I have been here. Of course I miss all the OG crew. Many people moved on from the server and I miss them everyday. Even tho I wasnt long in 41st (my first regiment) I remember 3 people very good. Hixx, Enzo as Green Leader I think and Blake. After I left I attended 104th Tryouts (the best decision on the Server I did) which were hosted by Husky. After 10 minutes being a 104th I decided to become a Regimental Medic. Back then the Trial week was still a thing. I made very good friends in that week with sadly only one still being here (Arbiter). I also miss how easy everything was back then. There were no fancy guns like today, there were only the Service Rifle and some other DC variants. The thing that was mentioned above already is that everyone knew each other and I also feel like a ghost sometimes since many people only know me by Comet.

Altough I miss many things the changes that are planned seem very promising. Im looking forward for atleast another year of playing on the Server and maybe I will try new things out like applying for staff.

Kowalski

Veteran
Administrator
CloneWarsRP Staff
Supporter
Verified
Reaction score
Now that it's been mentioned...
I really really miss live fire trainings and training droids off base.
This seriously needs to come back.

Last edited:

Gyml

Verified
Reaction score
Oh boy, this really is sad

I miss getting on the server and talking to 104th regimental medic MSG Philipp before going out on a live fire training in old Zeta.
Was fun while it lasted.

Orbit

Veteran
Administrator
CloneWarsRP Staff
Verified
Reaction score
January events from last year was really fun. I miss my early ARC days when it was just @Astro, @Barrett, and I just vibin' and having fun.

Husky

Veteran
Administrator
CloneWarsRP Staff
Staff Trainer
Verified
Reaction score
Pretty much what Rhode said sums it all up. Back during that time everything was super chill probably the best time to be on the server and you were on for up to 10+hours a day. And the og 104th crew @Gyml @Synto @icejaw59 , the many times we had doing many fun trainings kinda wish it would just come back best time.